The Liebster Award
The lovely Clara from The Super Mommy Club was kind enough to nominate me for a Liebster Award; it’s a way of helping bloggers get to know each other better and it’s such a great idea! As well as sharing 11 random facts about myself I also have to answer some questions that Clara has posed.
Here are 11 random facts about me:
- I’m a big grammar geek.
- I swoon over the scent of lavender.
- I’m a certified teacher who used to think I’d be bored out of my mind as a SAHM. Boy was I wrong!
- I married my high-school sweetheart.
- In my free time (what little there is) I choose reading above all else.
- I prefer to be barefoot.
- Fall is my favorite season.
- I want to learn at least three languages in my lifetime (I guess I should get started.)
- The most exotic thing I’ve ever eaten is barnacles. (Yup, you read that right.)
- I would love to find a way to live in distant lands for lengthy periods of time.
- I feel extremely blessed in my life and hope to somehow pay it forward.
And here are the questions I have to answer:
1. When you were little what did you want to be when you grew up? When I was very young, I thought I wanted to be an actress. Eventually, I realized I was too shy for that.
2. Cereal or toast? Definitely cereal (Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds)
3. What was your favorite book as a child? Too many to choose from. (Berenstain Bears, Boxcar children, Secret Garden, Nancy Drew, etc…)
4. What movie have you watched more than three times? “Pride and Prejudice” like a bajillion times!
5. Why do you blog? When my daughter was about nine months old, I started searching the web for ways to stimulate and engage her. I often took ideas I found online and then drew on my educational training to adjust the tasks to exactly fit my daughter’s needs. I decided to share these ideas in hopes they would be helpful to other parents.
6. What was the make of your first car? My first car was a Ford Festiva named Mighty Mouse. It was small and zippy, and it never gave up.
7. Have you ever made a mix tape? I used to make them all the time in high school.
8. Apple or Android? Apple – My husband converted me kicking and screaming all the way, but now I couldn’t go back.
9. Twitter or Pinterest? Pinterest! I don’t have a Twitter account (shocking I know).
10. If money was no object where would you most like to go on holiday? There are so many places I want to see. If money were no object, I would want to take several months and just travel throughout Europe and Asia.
11. What was the best gift you’ve ever received? Aside from my daughter, I’d have to say the car my parents gave me when I graduated from college was the best gift. Not having a car payment for more than 10 years allowed us to have more wiggle room in our budget especially during the years when we were a one income family.
The Liebster Award – Paying it forward
Now as part of the award I have to nominate some other bloggers and challenge them to answer some questions. I’m tagging:
Tari at Sparrow
Canna at Thoughtful Stroll
Tabitha at Fantabulous Women
Kassie at Freshly Brewed
Eli at EliSpire.com
And here are the questions I’d like you to answer:
- Why do you blog?
- What do you do in your free time?
- What’s the next thing on your bucket list that you want to do?
- Do you write out anything by hand or is it all done on the computer and other devices?
- Coffee or tea?
- What is a book you’ve read as an adult that has really stuck with you?
- Cats or dogs?
- Do you consider yourself athletic?
- What advice would you wish you could give to your 20 year old self?
- How would your best friend describe you?
- What makes you happy?
The rules of the competition are as follows:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2.Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)